TERMS & CONDITIONS
From all of us at TeamKids welcome to the Team! We will do our utmost to ensure that you and your family are made to feel comfortable and welcome at every stage of your journey. These Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) set out our commitments to you, and your obligations to us, so that these objectives can be achieved to everyone’s satisfaction.
OUR PROMISE: If you are ever dissatisfied with any aspect of our Services and feel that matters have not been fully resolved, please let us know so that we can do everything we can to help make your experience a positive one.
By enrolling your child for the Services recorded in the TeamKids registration form, you indicate that you agree to be bound by all these T&Cs.
A. OUR SERVICES
1. Our various TeamKids Services are described at: www.teamkids.com.au
2. If you need more information about the TeamKids Services or would like to discuss any matters relating to our Services, please do not hesitate to call or email us at TeamKids Customer Service email@example.com or 1300 035 000
B. YOUR INFORMATION & AUTHORISATIONS
1. You confirm that: (a) you are the parent or legal guardian of the registered child, (b) all information provided to TeamKids for the registered child (including medical information, medications, contact persons and persons authorised to collect the child) is accurate and complete in all respects and will be promptly updated by you as and when required.
2. You give permission for the registered child to participate in all TeamKids program activities included in the Services, and on those days, for which the child is registered, including watching occasional G rated videos/movies.
3. You authorise TeamKids staff and representatives:
(a) to consult with the registered child’s School regarding any behavioural or medical management issues in order to provide consistency and enhance the care provided for your child.
(b) in the event of accident or illness, to administer appropriate first aid, and to obtain all necessary medical assistance and treatment for your child, including ambulance transportation, and agree to meet any expense for such medical assistance and treatment.
(c) to apply sunscreen to your child, if you do not provide such.
(d) Photographs, Videos and Sound Recordings:
Use in Accordance with Reasonable Expectations.
In the course of providing its child care and educational programs, TeamKids will normally take photographs, videos and/or sound recordings of the participating children. TeamKids believes that you would reasonably expect us to use such photographs, videos and/or sound recordings for the following purposes, as they are directly related to and essential in order for TeamKids to provide you and your children with the full benefits of the TeamKids child care and educational programs:
(1) archival records of your child’s participation
(2) reporting to parents and guardians
(3) documenting learning experiences
(4) sharing experiences in your child’s school and within the TeamKids program through various media (e.g. newsletters, visual displays, emails to families),
(5) development of TeamKids professional educational material for training purposes and internal TeamKids communications These photographs, videos and sound recordings are not used by TeamKids for biometric matching or identification and are not provided to any third party. You may withdraw your implied consent at any time through your TeamKids account, but in such case, TeamKids may be unable to fully deliver its program to your child.
Use for Additional Purposes
TeamKids requests your consent to TeamKids using such photographs, videos and/or sound recordings of your children for the following additional purposes:
(1) advertising and marketing of the TeamKids child care and educational programs,
(2) sharing experiences on social media. If you provide your consent to such uses, but subsequently wish to revoke it, then it is your responsibility to notify TeamKids in writing and updating your TeamKids account.
4. If the registered child has additional needs, a history of challenging behaviours, any medical conditions, or is the subject of a court or other governmental order, you will inform TeamKids by uploading the required documentation to your account and where requested, contact our Head Office by phone at 1300 035 000 before the child attends any Service activities or programs.
C. YOUR FEES AND FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS
1. You must pay all TeamKids accounts by the due date for payment via Direct Debit from a Bank Account or by Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard only). Fees and charges for TeamKids Services are subject to change. Please refer to our website www.teamkids.com.au for up to date fees and booking terms and conditions.
2. You consent to TeamKids Direct Debiting from your bank account or credit card (Visa/Mastercard only), all fees that you incur by using a Service.
Before and After Care: Statements are sent on a Monday for the previous two weeks care. This payment is processed, in arrears, on the Wednesday on a fortnightly basis.
Holiday Program: Statements are sent the Monday after each week’s attendance. Payment is processed each Wednesday for the previous weeks usage.
3. All payments to TeamKids are deducted via Ezidebit. You will incur Ezidebit processing fees charged by Ezidebit, which is an external payment provider. The fees and charges applied by Ezidebit are not charged by TeamKids. Ezidebit fees are:
(a) $0.77c Per Direct Debit transaction
(b) 1.77% for Visa/Mastercard transactions (Minimum $0.77c per transaction)
4. If payment of fees does not occur by the due date, your account may be suspended, and your bookings cancelled. If non-payment of fees continues then the debt will be referred to a collection agency, and any associated costs involved with using such agency will be at your expense. If your payment is declined for your designated account, then a $9.90 dishonour fee will be charged by Ezidebit, depending on the reason for the declined payment. Please see Ezidebit’s Financial Services guide www.ezidebit.com for an explanation of its dishonour fees. TeamKids reserve the right to cancel your booking if you have two consecutive failed payments.
5. Additional fees and charges are payable by you in the following situations:
(a) if you do not follow the TeamKids cancellation procedures when the registered child is absent on a day that they are booked to attend the Service,
(b) if the registered child is not collected from the Service by the advertised closing time, $15 per 15 minutes per family will be charged
(c) if the registered child incurs charges or expenses as a result of medical assistance and treatment provided for your child during the Service.
5. You will be unable to make any further bookings with TeamKids while you have any outstanding debt for Services.
D. CHILD CARE SUBSIDY
1. You are responsible for providing Centrelink with all relevant information to be eligible to claim the Child Care Subsidy. If you have any questions relating to your Centrelink benefits or entitlements, you must contact the Department of Human Services – Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50
2. If you intend on claiming any subsidy for TeamKids Services, it is your responsibility to supply TeamKids with correct CRNs (which differ between parents and individual children), dates of birth and names via the TeamKids online portal. This information in the TeamKids portal account must match the information given to the Family Assistance Office and be provided to TeamKids before your child’s attendance at the Service. All information you provide to TeamKids regarding entitlement to Child Care Subsidy must be correct, up to date and consistent with the information you provide to Centrelink. Until TeamKids can verify your entitlement to Child Care Subsidy, you are responsible for paying full fees and charges for use of the Service.
3. Certified Written Agreement (CWA) – to receive your Child Care Subsidy via your Centrelink account – Once you have placed your bookings with TeamKids it is your responsibility to confirm your Certified Written Agreement – CWA via your MyGov account more information on what a CWA is can be found https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/child-care-subsidy
3. The TeamKids Service is a fully approved service for Centrelink purposes and will submit the registered child’s attendances to Centrelink every Friday.
4. TeamKids in accordance with CCS can only resubmit attendances up to a maximum of 28 days from your attendance.
E. YOUR CHILD’S PARTICIPATION
1. It is your responsibility to have the registered child signed into Before School Care and Holiday Program, and out of After School Care and Holiday Program on the appropriate documentation on arrival and departure each day that they attend, and to notify TeamKids staff if the child is absent on a day that they are booked to attend the Service. TeamKids staff are not responsible for the registered child until they are signed into the Service and are not responsible for the child after they have been signed out of the Service, by you or your authorised representative.
2. If the registered child does not meet the TeamKids policies for standards of behaviour or otherwise demonstrates inappropriate behaviour after guidance procedures have been implemented, TeamKids reserves the right to suspend the child’s enrolment for a notified period or to exclude the child permanently from the Service. When requested by TeamKids staff, you will immediately make arrangements to collect from the Service venue a child who has been suspended or excluded.
3. You will ensure that the registered child will not attend the Service if they are suffering from an infectious or communicable disease as identified by the Department of Health. TeamKids staff will not accept a child at the Service if it appears to them that the child is suffering from an infectious or communicable disease, or in the opinion of the TeamKids staff is too unwell to attend the Service.
4. When requested by TeamKids staff, you will immediately make arrangements to collect from the Service venue a registered child who in the TeamKids staff opinion is suffering from an infectious or communicable disease or is too unwell to continue participating in the Service. You will not bring the child back to the Service until 24 hours after the illness or disease has passed, or as per the exclusion period listed by the Department of health, or until you have produced the required medical certificate if one has been requested by TeamKids staff.
5. If the registered child is subject to suspension or exclusion from the Service or is withdrawn from the Service due to medical reasons, TeamKids may disclose the child’s name and reasons for the suspension or exclusion to persons in control of the school or institution at which the Service is operated.
F. IF YOUR CHILD HAS AN ADDITIONAL/MEDICAL NEED
1. New families with children with Additional needs, will be required to discuss your child’s attendance with TeamKids Inclusion Manager before your child can attend. Please contact us on 1300 035 000 Please note that if your child requires an extra staff member to help support their time with us, we require a minimum of four weeks’ notice to apply for additional funding. Any requests for care with less than four weeks’ notice cannot be guaranteed.
2. If the registered child has a medical condition, dietary requirement or any other additional need, you are responsible for providing an Action Plan and supporting documentation to TeamKids, before the child’s attendance at any TeamKids Services.
3. You must provide your Child’s Medication to the TeamKids staff if the registered child has a medical Action Plan that requires Medication to be administered.
3. You will be required to complete a Risk Minimisation plan with the person in day to day charge on your child’s first day, as per government legislation. Please click here to download a copy to complete.
G. INJURIES AND PROPERTY DAMAGE
1. TeamKids is not liable for any personal injury, property damage, personal items (such as spectacles, jewellery and electronic devices), or other loss, due to any cause whatsoever, which is sustained by the registered child or their parent or guardian, as a result of participation in a Service activity (including excursions), unless the injury, damage or loss was caused by the proven negligence of TeamKids, its directors or employees, except as otherwise expressly required by law.
2. You will indemnify TeamKids (including its directors, officers and employees) against any costs, expenses or liability incurred as a result of any injury to any other child, TeamKids staff or any other person, or any loss or damage to property, which is caused by the registered child at the Service venue or at an excursion location.
I. HOLIDAY PROGRAM SERVICES – ADDITIONAL T&Cs
Cancellations and additional fees relating to your service can be viewed via your TeamKids account.
1. Daily and Other Fees: daily fees can be found on your venue page at www.teamkids.com.au and via your TeamKids account You may also incur “experience extra costs” associated with all timetabled experience activities which are listed on the TeamKids website and portal. For each period you book with TeamKids (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring), you will be charged a $5 admin fee. This fee covers unlimited changes (in accordance with the cancellation policy), friendly and accessible customer support, connection to all rebates were eligible (i.e. if you have provided TeamKids with your family’s correct CRN’s at the point of making your booking), and access to support funding if required.
2. Outstanding Debt: At the conclusion of the Holiday program, if your account has an outstanding amount and there are two consecutive failed payments, you will be charged a late fee of $30 and your outstanding account will be referred to a recovery agent. All associated costs with this process will be paid for by the account holder.
3. Multi-child Discount: You are eligible for the Multi-Child Discount if you book several children into the same venue on the same day. The first child will be charged at the full price, and you will receive a $2 discount for each additional child that is booked. You will see the discount displayed on your statement as follows:
- 2 Children: $1.00 off each child
- 3 Children: $1.33 off each child
- 4 Children: $1.50 off each child
- 5 Children: $1.60 off each child
4. Cancelled Programs due to Enrolment: Minimum enrolment numbers are required to run each Holiday program. In the event a Holiday program is cancelled, TeamKids will notify you in advance by phone. An alternate venue will be offered, or a full refund of any fees paid for the cancelled Service will be made. TeamKids will not be liable to make any other payment to you in such event.
5. Cancelled Programs due to Weather: Holiday programs are subject to cancellation or alteration on short-notice in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors which may arise that are beyond TeamKids control. An alternate venue will be offered, or a full refund of any fees paid for the cancelled Service will be made. TeamKids will not be liable to make any other payment to you in such event.
6. Excursions: You give permission for the registered child to leave the premises where the Service is normally provided, to participate in external activities as indicated in Service program. Please note, excursion authorisation forms will need to be completed before your child can participate in external activities, these are completed on the day at the service.
7. Additional Needs: Children with additional needs must be booked into a Service more than four weeks in advance to ensure funding and additional staffing needs can be met. Children with additional needs (ISS) not booked within the relevant time period may not be able to use the nominated Service.
I. BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE SERVICES – ADDITIONAL T&Cs
Cancellation and additional fees relating to your service can be viewed via your TeamKids account.
1. Cancellations: In the event of the registered child experiencing a medical illness preventing attendance, you will have to email a medical certificate to TeamKids at firstname.lastname@example.org before the charge date to not be charged for the session.
Note: Any cancellations relating to the lockdown period will not incur any out of pocket “gap” costs.
2. Extended Session Fees: If a session goes for longer than normal (e.g. on the last day of term), an additional fee will be charged on a pro rata basis.
3. Outstanding Debt: If you have two consecutive failed payments, then all future bookings will immediately be cancelled, and your outstanding account will be referred to a recovery agent, a late fee of $30 will also be added to your account. Once your outstanding account is referred to a Debt Collector and/or legal representative, all associated costs with this process will be paid for by the account holder.
CHANGES IN T&CS
Due to changing government regulations, and our constant enhancement of the Services, we may need to amend terms and conditions from time to time. If we do, we will notify you of any amendments, and you shall have the right to cancel your account without charge if you do not accept any such amendments. Cancellation will be effective from the date that you notify us.
You will automatically be subscribed to TeamKids quarterly email alerting you to bookings opening, special offers and other updates. You can unsubscribe at any time.